Saturday, November 19, 2016

Amma, carry me

It's incredulous how well little ones can soak up. Well, this happened at home last month

Week 1 -
Every single day. Mind you, every. Single. Day. She will ask me to carry her 'only' when I'm at the kitchen, cooking. And it would evoke a standard conversation

Little R - "Amma thooku" (carry me)
Me - picking a laddle in one hand and a kitchen towel, the nearest that I can grab quickly in the other, would exclaim - "Amma hands finish. Indhakaila karandi irukku, indha kaila cloth irukku, epdi thooka mudiyum?"
R - some tantrum
Me - some compromise

Finally we would decide to do some activity, she would agree to read a book sitting on the kitchen counter, far away from the stove knives and all that; or say would want to peel koondu (ie poondu ie garlic) or we'd do any of the quick Montessori activities until I finish cooking.

Week 2 -
R - "Amma thooku"
Me - "Amma hands finish. Indhakaila karandi irukku, indha kaila cloth irukku, epdi thooka mudiyum?"
R - throws both her hands up in the air and retorts - "ippdi thooka mudiyum" - you can carry like this \o/

Week 3 -
I am cooking, Rhea is in the kitchen too, opening a few of the kitchen cupboards, that which she can reach. I can hear her talking to herself - "samaikkum podhu, epdi thooka mudiyum?" and pays no attention to me.
Me - hehe, so there little woman!

Week 4 -
I am cooking, little Missy is nowhere near, I finish cooking and turn the stove off. I hear a voice
R - "Amma, samachu mudichittiya? Ippo thooku"
Me - *shocked*

Then we horsed around and of course, I ended up carrying her, for how long is the little one going to be carry-able I know not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment