Sunday, January 18, 2009

On a Temple spree - Part #2

As a matter of fact, this post should be called:
"On a Temple spree - Part #2".
I never knew that a visit to my hometown can be clipped with SO many visits to the nearby temples. The day after Pongal, we were in our Hometown. I was drinking in the beauty and space of our house. Waking myself, filling me with ample memories -
Photos, photos and more photos.

The next morning, we (cat, ma, pa & appatha) left to Palani. To choose "Palani" of all places, that too during "Thai". Phew. But my never-say-die father finally took us there, got us squeezed amongst the thousands of devotees and brought us back safe.

The next two days were to be spent at "Pudur" my gramps birthplace and "Vegupatti" irrefutably appatha's birthplace.
So many relatives, so many feasts and more photos where-ever-I-go.

I chanced upon my forefather's photo, I promptly clicked it up.
Clicked it, not picked it! Thanks to the digicam, of late one doesn't have to steal photos :D

We skipped the trek to "Piranmalai" cos...
(A) it was late & (B) cat was unwell.
On the way back home, we stopped at "Samayapuram" (it was 9.00 p.m. and the temple closes at 9.15 p.m.) and in spite of the plight, we were invited to a good darshan.

At 3.15 a.m. our mpv screeched to a halt at my doorstep.
Later, I had a 12 hour sleep and here I am.
Again, It won't be blinks before I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment